Sunday 14 January 2018

January

Hello everyone. The past year seemed to fly-by so quickly, I'm going to try harder with clearing and cleaning this year. Powerful words, which if I don't do them are merely words.

With my trusty calendar, which has a double page month-at-view style (similar to the flylady version) at the ready, I've zoned it, added the weekly menu and listed a job each day. For January, each week has an area to be cleared of clutter, after that it's tackling regular cleaning. Before Christmas I tackled the kitchen and cleared a few sacks of clutter from drawers and cupboards, just by setting a timer for several 15 minutes stints.

Armed with my to do list and a duster, I've spent time putting things away in their new homes.



Last week M struggled to paint up the stair walls, the ceilings are extremely high in this house so it wasn't easy. The cat ornaments are dusted and replaced. Incidentally above the top on the window, the ceiling is another 8' up.

I've started back at the Knit & Natter, they had cake yum!

Watched a good film with friends.



I've crocheted a Yoda

Listened to an audio book 'Summer with my Sister' by Lucy Diamond

Started listening to 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho


Today the bud vases were dusted and have their new home on top of the bookcases in the front porch.




They used to be on a plate shelf above the fire in the dining room - which before it was opened up had the French dresser across it.



The French dresser is on the opposite side of the dining room now. The plate shelves above the dresser were removed too, I still absent mindedly try to hang ironed shirts up there. The photo above the marquetry cat made by M, is a print of the square in Petersfield, Hampshire. It was a present from when I worked there, my husband and I met whilst both working in Petersfield, so it has fond memories.



Next week these Christmas decorations need to be glued before being packed away. 



My Christmas present needs planting up. 





This weekend whilst sitting by the fire I've -

Knitted some more of M sock, which took a back seat whilst I crocheted angel gifts for Christmas and finished a crochet blanket.

Tried different ideas for another blanket

Looked over my craft to-do list which is looking a bit like this -
M socks finish
bunting using the left over stash from the blanket
crochet a stormtrooper kit
crochet a reindeer kit
table mats - finish,
picot edge scarf (was a KAL),
knit - jumper,
knit or crochet washcloths etc.

Thought about the next Cookery Calendar Challenge.

Remembered to comment on blogs straight away, as I always forget later.

Today 



Teen 2 (15) has enjoyed a late lunch



Teen 1 (17) has played XBox


M has started the Sunday roast - large birds sold out.



Next week after the upstairs bedroom fireplace has been cemented, bricked in and plastered, it'll be painted. The true colour, despite the bad light today, is the shade card on the right (below). The room was originally 2 rooms with the 2 end walls painted deep red. It was like that when we moved in 10 years ago. The house was originally 2 houses that had been converted into one, all with high ceilings. 


Whatever you get upto this week, I hope you have a good week.

Cx







15 comments:

  1. Blimey,you make me feel so lazy lol.I adore that lil Yoda soooo cute.I too am trying to sort and de clutter but I'd much rather be crocheting,I get easily bored lol.How is the Gorgeous QT.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Yoda was a bit overstuffed and I then ran out of yarn, hence the different coloured sleeves, oops! I went a bit mad with the photos today as I've not been blogging regularly. Often when I think about taking photos, I realise the light is to poor. I prefer no flash on my photos. QT is ok thanks, he's being fussy with his food. We're sure he climbs in his food cupboard and does a quick stock take. Whichever food you have the most of, he then refuses to eat. It's his birthday tomorrow, 17 years old. I'll try and put a picture of him on next time. I'm with you on the preferring other things, usually cooking or baking. Cx

      Delete
  2. Oh my word 17,awww bless him.Happy Birthday for tomorrow QT.My Ronni The Mog was 16.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see teens doing what they do best. I love Yoda. I must get started on a new crafty project soon, my fingers are getting twitchy! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about the twitchy fingers. I guess that's normal after you've finished a big project. All the best with choosing the next one, Cx

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of putting the timer on for some short tasks that keep getting put off, it may help keep me focused. Love the wood burning stove, they are always a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checkout the Flylady website, it's all about the achievable. Thank you, loving the warmth, Cx

      Delete
  5. I'm exhausted just reading this! Though jealous of your fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I'm the same as the next person really. Putting a list together is the easy part x

      Delete
  6. Wow, you're really getting cracking with tasks around the house. I like the idea of doing things in short bursts, tidying or decluttering can seem daunting when you look at it as a whole but broken up into fifteen minute slots doesn't seem anywhere near as scary. Love the Yoda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I've still not cracked the 'doing jobs bit' lol. Think I'm still at the 'stick in on the list bit'. Saying that I think it's better to write an achievable list rather than one you've no intention of doing. I saw a bit of advice the other day that sounded good. Make a list of everything that needed doing, those jobs that never seem to get done as you're too busy with daily housework etc. Then pick 'one a day' and just do it! Cx

      Delete
  7. The fire looks so cozy. I wish we had a stove like that. You have the best sorts of stoves in the UK. I hope your crafty endeavors are peaceful and enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stove has definitely warmed up the main part of the house. They are better at 'keeping the fire in' overnight. Cx

      Delete
  8. You have been pretty busy my friend. I love, love, love the fireplace. I can see myself sitting there and knitting or reading. Right now all I am doing is working and running around after a mad puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes the fireplace is definitely nice to sit nearby. I'm still not so good at sitting down during the day and doing crafts or reading. There always seems so many things that need doing. I can imagine a new puppy has you very busy too, he's gorgeous though and will settle down one day, Cx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...