Friday 24 June 2022

Five on Friday - Quick, Quick, Slow.


Hello there, how are you, had a good week? It's been a busy few weeks here, nothing in particular to write home about. Since April, myself and two other ladies have been planning some social activities at church, just one a month. We've also been on a walk that was planned by other's in the church. For years my tendons have hurt but they seems better now, making walking easier. We took Angus and were delighted that he managed both the styles on the walk. There's no way we could lift him over! 
I've been trying to slow down and not keep rushing round like a manic woman! The present UK hot weather certainly makes you slow down. 


We cheated with our hanging baskets this year, B&Q specials. They are beautiful and I'm very pleased with them, more flowers have budded since these photos. My view from the kitchen, on a clear day you can see across to The Wolds, Lincolnshire.  

 

We popped for a coffee in town a few weeks ago, they do a fantastic cooked breakfast if you get there early. This occasion we just had a cappuccino before finishing our shopping. 


Stocking up on some hand soap at the health store, they're all variations of the orange fragrance. Usually I buy their Rose Blossom soap and the same in shampoo refill. For years I used solid shampoo bars (friendly soap company) but after an itchy and dry scalp, it's a refreshing change. A beautiful delicate fragrance. 


It's finished at last, my coastal blanket that I've crocheted. You'll likely recognise it as designed by Lucy from attic24. I love everything about it, the bright colours and the soothing waves. I'm finishing off some socks I started a while ago, my plan is to focus on the top 5 craft items on my list. It's hard as I want to race ahead but no, I need to get things finished first. 



My current reading pile borrowed from the library. 
I've returned A Grave in the Cotswold by Rebecca Tope, an enjoyable read told by the natural burial,  sustainable undertaker. It's part of the Cotswold Mystery series, best read in order as it follows Thea's life as a house sitter / sleuth with her sidekick dog Hepzie. She's finding her way after becoming a widow, playing scrabble online to pass the time, dreading the return to an empty house. 

I've just finished The Little Wartime Library by Kate Thompson. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I kept thinking about all the times in the past that I've visited the library, the changes that I've seen and its history. I remember, whilst working at Boots the Chemist in Petersfield high street, a colleague told me about the old underground library beneath the shop. Sadly it shut many years before I worked there   
taking all its secrets with it.

I'm reading the next in the Alexander McCall Smith - The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon, there are changes for Mma Makutsi of 97%. She's married now and the blurb mentions a baby, I can't imagine that for a moment. 

Well that's my five things round up, what have you been up to, leave a comment to let me know. Thanks for visiting Cx



5 comments:

  1. Five on Friday is a lovely idea and you've certainly had plenty to feel happy about. I'm so glad you could enjoy your walk with the church. Will there be others planned in the future? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a very short walk planned before popping to a members house for a cuppa. I'm hoping some longer walks will be planned soon, the last one was just 5 miles, we went with Nat and his girlfriend x

      Delete
  2. My comment just disapeared.So here it is again.As I was saying.Glad you all were able enjoy the view.I Love the flowers and your pretty view.That Blanket is just Awesome,wow the work in it and the colour ways are fab. Your book pile looks very interesting.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee for leaving a comment, I don't know why the comments play up. I plan to read a bit more this week. Have a good week x

      Delete
  3. Oh dear,what is happening.I meant to say glad you were able to enjoy the WALK lol.x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...