Tuesday 31 May 2022

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Hello there how are you, welcome to my kitchen, I'll put the kettle on. It's time for some baking, grab a cup of tea or coffee and bake a long with me. I've been looking at my cookery books, I've de-cluttered so many cook books and those that are left on the shelf must be worth keeping or else!
I have a little black pink book that I write recipes in, so many have been ignored and forgotten about. It's time to go through the book and root out the abandoned and unwanted choices. At the time I had high hopes of cooking them but life got too busy and diets changed. 


Today I need chocolate, I prefer Cadbury's chocolate pieces but for now Aldi's finest will do. I only ever use Anchor butter, everything else seems too soggy and oily. You're going to love these I promise. Double chocolate chip cookies from the Be-Ro cook book... this has definitely a place guaranteed on my kitchen book shelf. 


I favour all-in-one recipes of which this isn't, however as my family will testify this doesn't stop me. The recipe requires creaming of fat and sugar before stirring in the remaining ingredients of 
Golden syrup, cocoa powder, SR flour and chocolate chips. I just throw all the ingredients in together, except the chocolate chips. I save those until the end, the blade will chop them up otherwise. The Braun mixer was a wedding present from Mark's Nan 30 something years ago. Incidentally it had stopped working, a dodgy connection in the plug, all wired back in again now. 

 

And here they are, tuck in they are so good! The recipe makes 12 cookies, I forgot the 2 tbsp of milk at the end, Oops! They look weird but they taste divine. I flattened 6 before baking and left the others alone. 
Next time, oh yes there'll be a next time, probably tomorrow... I will add milk and give them a gentle flatten first before baking. 

You can send off for your own Be-Ro cookbook for £2.99 + postage. 

*Do you write out favourite recipes in your recipe book? Do you have lots of cookbooks? 
Let me know if you bake some chocolate chip cookies xx

6 comments:

  1. Those double chocolate chip cookies look so good! Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite. I often bake Ina Garten's recipe from her latest cookbook Modern Comfort Food. I enjoy looking through my cookbooks so much and usually with a cup of tea in hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia, I used to read cook books often but now they just make me feel hungry. I tend to locate a recipe and bookmark it until I need it.

      Delete
  2. They look delicious. I love cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious! I've tried to pare down my cookbooks to just a few. My latest thing is getting them from the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, getting cookery books from the library often means that I want to buy a copy of the book ha ha x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...