Saturday 6 May 2023

Five Minute Gardening


Tip Toe through the Tulips!




View of the Wolds from my kitchen window


 




Hello there, how are you all? We've been away on holiday to the south on England. I'm slowly catching up with reading all your blogs. Today we had a street party with the neighbours, to celebrate
King Charles 111 Coronation and new home welcoming. There are several of us new in the close, so it was good to chat with them all. I took some Millionaire Shortbread, I made mine with gluten free flour, which was good as a lady was GF. I've put my favourite recipe, I've not found it online, the ingredient quantities vary but this one has simple and memorable weights. 

We've been trying to do at least 5 minutes a day gardening, we have lots of weeds and untidy patches. 
I don't want a show garden, no perfect lawns here, but I would like it tidy and manageable. I borrowed this book from the library and liked it so much that we bought a copy. The book is divided into the 12 months with general advice on plants and chores. Each week the idea is to cover 5 main categories: Spruce, Chop, Nurture, Fuss and Project. Obviously you may chose to do more than 5 minutes. If you do commit to the 5 minutes a day, Laetitia says your garden will become tidy and stay tidy. To me that sounds great, now where are my gardening gloves? 

 Take care everyone and have a good Bank Holiday weekend if you're in the UK.

7 comments:

  1. I have that book too. I hope you find it useful. Millionaire shortbread looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The street party was a good opportunity for a celebration and a way to get to know neighbours a little better. Nothing like that in our neighbourhood, but we do look out for and communicate with next door and those living opposite who are elderly like us. Gardening in the front garden is another positive way to say a friendly "hello". Take care and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is looking beautiful! I'm so happy to be back in my garden again. I did some planting last weekend and it was wonderful. You have the most gorgeous view from your kitchen window. I don't think I'd mind doing the dishes if I had that view to enjoy. Have a nice weekend. Hope it's a sunny and warm one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think little and often works well in most cases. The book sounds interesting, I may look out a copy myself, though my garden is the size of a postage stamp but there's always something to do in it, isn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say hello and that I miss your blogging. Hope you are doing well. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I took a long break, I'm back now, blogged on Friday. All ok, thank you 🙂

      Delete
  6. Beautiful flowers. The colors of that orchid are so unique.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...