Friday 21 April 2023

Five on Friday



Hello there, I hope you are all well, thank you for visiting last time. A Five on Friday post today. The week has gone by so quick, we had the Village Pop In at the hall, I took some crochet, my friend provided some homemade cookies, that her daughter baked. It was also the AGM at the village hall, apart from myself, I noticed that only the committee members seem to attend this. 

One: After work today, I managed to get a haircut which I was pleased about. I returned all my library books except The Last Bookshop in London by Madeline Martin. I picked up a book for next month's bookclub - Something Wilder by Christina Lauren. The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel is this month's bookclub read. I'm struggling with this one, I had great plans to read a chapter a day... it hasn't worked. I've finished Village School by Miss Read, restarting the Fairacre series. I've read some of this series but not all of them. 



Two: Angus has been to the groomers for a shampoo, a trim and nails clipping. Not too much, just a good trim for a Goldie, all the long bits around the feet, tail area and scruff. When he gets wet and muddy, he always looks bedraggled and messy, making it hard to clean him. As you can see he's more of a pincher than a retriever. 


Three: Kettle on, cup of tea and time to be cooking dinner. This isn't my usual tea preference but whilst I'm cooking dinner I like to try different ones. This one is nice and spicy with: ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and black pepper. Usually I drink Morrison's Rooibos tea, which at the moment seems permanently out of stock. The family drink Yorkshire tea but I went off that a long time ago. 



Four: Is 2 a collection? I'm not planning on buying more pot holders, but they do make handy cloths for the oven grill. King Charles lll Coronation 2023 to go with The Queen Platinum Jubilee 2022. I saw all the Coronation merchandise in the shops, but didn't fancy buying more stuff.

The decluttering is still happening here, today a new unwanted gilet left the building with some popcorn from Aldi, some Christmas cards - dreary scenes - no idea why I bought them! They were a bargain though! Also some mattress and pillow protectors as I'd bought new ones for Johnny's bed. A few other bits were in the bag too. Progress is progress.  


Five: Another dish cloth / wash cloth, Gramma's Dishcloth (Grandmother's 2nd Favourite)  pattern on Ravelry. This pattern is for a symmetrical knitted cloth. I am having trouble with this cloth (top left - cast off corner), no matter which pattern I knit, the cast off always looks too long. Any ideas knitters!? 
Yarn - Drops Paris, Recycled denim 100% cotton.  

That's all my news for today, take care everyone. 
Bye 
Cathy 

6 comments:

  1. Hello. Happy Friday to you! I love the sound of your tea - I love all those spices. Angus looks very cute and freshly groomed for the spring weather. What's the weather like where you are? It's been very warm and sunny here, but with lots of pollen. It's supposed to rain for part of the day tomorrow so that will help to clear the air some. The Last Bookshop in London looks like a really good book. I'm currently reading The Cosy Cottage in Ireland by Julie Chaplin. It's the third book I've read of hers and it's delightful. Hope you have a really nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Angus has a liking for shoes! He is a handsome boy. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. we did a big declutter when we moved almost two years ago. I must say I see some more that could be decluttered. I love grooming day!! fresh and new :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still decluttering here too. It's a never ending job isn't it !!
    Angus looks very smart after his trim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Clan of the Cave Bear long ago and remember it was a bit slow. Green chai tea is one of my favorites.Not sure about the masala part, I don't care for hot as in spicy teas/drinks. Of course, at first I thought that said Marsala and was thinking what?! That's a chicken dish! LOL. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Archie had an appointment with the groomer recently too, he hates going but we can tell that he always feels better for it afterwards. I haven't really noticed the cast off corner of the dishcloth being too long, but I'm not very precious about my dishcloths, you don't really notice these things when they're in use, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...