Friday 22 March 2024

Five on Friday - Memory Lane

Do you remember Five on Friday? Tricky from Fastblog ran it last and before him it was Amy at Love Made My Home. I've no idea who Amy took over from? A few of us in Blogland have missed seeing the Five on Friday posts, so I thought I'd host it and see if people want to join in. 

What is Five on Friday? 
It's a party inviting you to share a link from your 'Five on Friday Post' to mine, helping bloggers connect with friends through regular blogging. 

What could you post?
Anything that you share on your blog, eg craft, cooking, reading, trips, events etc. It could be 5 separate subjects or one subject with 5 steps eg cooking recipe steps, or craft steps made of your progress - to put together in a post. I wrote a post years ago about a walk and posted 5 different parts of the walk. It's really up to you.  



On my Kitchen windowsill I won the mauve plant in the pot at the WI raffle, any ideas what the plant is called please? There is a table of raffle prizes each month, my number was called first so I got to choose. The Primula or Primrose plants were a Mother's Day gift from Nat my son. Mark planted some form Johnny my youngest son, in the back garden. I love the cheerful colours of the plants and will enjoy seeing them flower each year.



On a dog walk Alpacas and Hyacinth, I love seeing flowers in people's gardens. The alpacas were a surprise. Our old house didn't have a front garden, so it's still a novelty seeing what people grow. We have a few bulbs growing wild to the side of our front garden. We planted them straight into the grass, when they die down, the grass is cut as normal. 


A spot of de-cluttering.  All the books have been bagged up ready to go. Every now and again, it's good to have a clear out of the excess stuff. Despite downsizing and getting rid of furniture and many, many items in cupboards, on shelves, in the shed and in all the rooms, there are still too many things. Now we are in a smaller property, our things need scaling back again. It's not as if I love shopping, but at some point, more things have come into the bungalow! Angus is hoping we've not de-cluttered the biscuits.





At the beach.  From 2 different beach walks, the first 3 photos are from Donna Nook. The sea is the other side of the sea defence (second photo), though even then, it's still a long way out. Donna Nook is an RAF bombing range, so you have to stick to the path when the red flags are out. You shouldn't wander off anyway, as there could be unexploded materials on the ground. The area is flooded with tourists each Autumn as the seals beach to have their pups along the coast line. It can be tricky with high tides as the fencing protects the seals from inquisitive tourists and their dogs, but it can stop the seals finding sanctuary in the dunes. 
The last photo is at Saltfleet, with no bombing range, instead there are several static holiday homes. This was inland, close to one of the holiday parks. I guess some may sit there and go no further, the sea is still a very long way out, so not one for paddling. Mablethorpe or Cleethorpes are better for paddling and spending the day at the beach.   





Hellebore my MIL favourite a lovely memory plant of her. They are beautiful plants, even if their blooms point down. Angus was her dog and he's been with us nearly 3 years now. We visited her grave last September, a long way to go back in Hampshire, so not a frequent trip. 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are bringing this back. I'll be joining in as soon as my post is finished (loading photos takes forever on this old desktop). Your flowers are beautiful, at first glance I wanted to say blue lobelia but I don't think that's right as I look closer. Pretty anyway! Also, the hellebore. I like to plant flowers to remind me of lost loved ones as well. Enjoyed your post. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Jean, I missed the meeting up with everyone. Thank you, I always love to see beautiful flowers on the blog. It turns out they are Campanula, they'll be planted outside when they've finished flowering.

      Delete
  2. Hi - I suspect your little pretty plant is a Campanula although I am not sure which variety - it is best outside, copes with both sun and shade and makes such a pretty ground cover :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right thank you. My son checked the app on his phone (gardener still learning), it confirmed Campanula and also said it looked sick. I've taken it out the china pot and put it on the table for now, it should dry out a bit. Where it finishes flowering, it will go outside.

      Delete
  3. Your pot plants are doing well I think the mystery one is a blue campanula. I plant hyacinth bulbs in the garden after they've flowered in individual pots. Eventually I enjoy them again each Spring in the flower beds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, mystery solved. They've lasted a few weeks but they need to go outside now. All the bulbs are so pretty, it makes the garden cheerful on a chilly bright sunny day.

      Delete
  4. I had forgtten all about Five on Friday posts. It's a lovely idea to begin hosting them again. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hopefully lots of people will join in. I used to look forward to checking in with everyone after a busy week x

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous collection of potted plants you have on your windowsill. I especially love the pink one! Your dog is so cute and seems to really enjoy spending time outside and going on walks. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia, when they've finished flowering they'll be outside. Angus loves life to the full :)

      Delete
  6. How lovely to see alpacas on your dog walks. The hellebores are gorgeous, nice that they evoke special memories of your mother in law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the Alpacas there before but forgot they were there, it was my son and his fiancée that pointed them out. Sadly after a while, we seem to not notice things... note to self to slow down. There were goats on the other side of the road but not seen those recently either x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...