Friday 15 March 2024

Five on Friday - Show & Tell

Hello there, it's good to be back, I've been catching up with blog reading. Thank you for leaving a comment on my last post. Today I'm sharing my 5 random things. I miss the days of Tricky sharing the Five on Friday Posts. Has anyone kept in touch with him and his family? Have a lovely weekend everyone. 


1) A present for Christmas: a Janie Crow crochet mug. There were no knitting or crochet kits at the local yarn store last year. So I chose a mug for myself... I love it. A quiet sit down with a mug of Redbush tea, or Rooibos as it's called in store. Morrison's own brand is the best. 


2) One Skein Chevron Scarf. I've made several of these now, this one is the widest and longest. I originally found this scarf crocheted on Thistlebear's blog... another blog sadly finished, that I miss. 
Yarn: 100% recycled wool, Kingcole Wildwood Chunky. 
Crochet hook 6.00 mm. 
Pattern is free on Ravelry. 



3) Hat practice knit, far too big... massive! I'll have to re-knit before using the expensive Alpaca yarn. I donated it to the WI charity knit tree (decorated in hats) for Christmas. Depending on the size of hats they went to babies or adults in need.
Yarn: Stylecraft DK Khaki & Meadow. 
Pattern: Patons 



4) Crochet Ottoman Cover: using up all the yarn from @attic24 Lucy's Coastal Blanket  The Coastal blanket and Moorland Blanket by attic 24 are both my favourites. The coastal cushion, I made whilst on a crochet course locally, a few years ago. 
Yarn: Stylecraft DK 
Hook: 4.00 mm 


5) Crochet Willow Square: The pattern is from Jan Eaton's book. I've seen these squares made into blankets on Mitzi's Lazy Days and Sundays blog the link shows the winter one, there is an autumn one in her Crochet ta da cloud. Maybe one day I will do more of these, for now I'll keep ticking other projects off the list first. 
Yarn: Rico DK mustard cotton.
Hook 3 or 3.5 mm

---------------------

Some of these projects were shared on my Instagram account but I thought I'd put them altogether on the blog. 
Craft wise - I'm knitting the KAL dishcloth for Advent and a pair of socks for the WI April competition. 
Reading - I'm reading Sheltering Rain by Jo Jo Moyes for the book club. 

I've lost touch with a few blogs, either they don't write any more or... who knows. If you can recommend any interesting ones that still blog, I'd be grateful. Knitting is my main interest at the moment, with a little crochet, reading and cooking too. 
I'm blogging once a week for now, any more and I'll feel swamped again.  
Thank you for stopping by to catch up.
Ttfn
Cathy x

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, it's nice drinking from a mug you love - Crafty mugs, nothing better.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely mug, and your blankets are lovely too, I've got that book and have used it to make so many blankets and cushion covers, I had the knitted squares one too but it seems to have disappeared I'm thinking that I loaned it to someone and never got it back. I was looking back and was surprised to see that I have been blogging for 13 years! and so many of my blogging friends have stopped blogging, such a shame. The blogs I follow and still blog can be found in my right side bar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have the knitted squares too. Yes it's a shame so many have stopped blogging. I will say that Instagram is quicker, easier etc but I hate the inevitable scrolling. It's not an enjoyable experience and wastes a lot of time.

      Delete
  3. That hat looks good and cosy.
    So many people seem to have stopped blogging now, which is a shame. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sadly it was enormous. Hopefully the charity matched it to someone that needed large. Yes lots have stopped, preferring instagram I guess. I love Instagram but can't use it as I waste time scrolling. Though I've written longish posts on there, it always feels too much to read! That's where blogging is best x

      Delete
  4. that mug is adorable and I also like the ottoman cover, however my cat would probably snag it. Love the hat!! My hats run small all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very sweet mug, I really like it. Mine would be full of coffee, all the time. I rarely knit these days, except socks. It is funny how we go through phases of favourite creative activities, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm learning with sock knitting, each time improves the fit. I've come full circle with the knitting. It's nice to try lots of different craft but I guess there's always one that we prefer.

      Delete
  6. Such a fun mug! I also miss Five on Fridays, perhaps you should bring it back? I'll be glad to join in as I can if you do. Sadly, I do not know what happened to Tricky. I doubt the blog is still there, have you checked? Seems I might have followed him on Instagram at one time, I'll have to check and see if his account is still there. Blogging certainly isn't quite the same and I think you aren't alone in missing many parts of it. Hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm looking into it, if it works it'll go live this Friday. No I don't know what happened to him, his blog links don't work. I saw his wife Carly's blog about underwear with her Mum, but don't feel that I can approach her on there. Have a good week x

      Delete
  7. Welcome back! I've missed your blog and it's so nice to see you back in this space. I've neglected my blog this year as my mother was battling an illness and sadly passed away last week. Now I'm trying to find a new normal - one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arh bless you, thank you Julia, thanks for your previous comment. I just wasn't ready to start blogging again... blame Instagram. I've missed everyone in blogland too. So many have stopped blogging preferring Instagram I think. I'm very sorry to hear about your Mum, I hope that you find peace as you remember the good times. Take care and as you say, one day at a time x

      Delete
  8. I've got that crochet block book and have never crocheted a thing from it, haha. I love your mug, how cute is that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I probably shouldn't have bought the book, making one square in all the years I've had it, isn't good.

      Delete
  9. I've found that quite a few blogs just seemed to have fizzled out, some with no explanation at all. Which is a shame. People do run out of steam but I think a gentle bye or see you later helps with closure x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...