Saturday 25 March 2023

Flowers and Plans

Lounge Beauties

Bedroom Beauties


Kitchen Window Beauties

Hello there, how are you? All good I hope. 
Flowers from my amazing boys on Mother's Day. I also had some chocolates, all were lovely gifts and we got to spend the day with them both, including being at church together. This week seems to have flown past too quick.

Today I've been to a Talent Event at Church in town. I brought home fish & chips afterwards so dinner was very quick tonight. Johnny was off out straight afterwards to meet Nat, they are going to the cinema to see John Wick... not my scene but they'll love it, I'm sure.

Decluttering has started up again. We cleared so much when we downsized to a smaller property but we still have far too much stuff. My ideal would be to have nothing stored under the bed. At the moment it is chock-a-block with things. A  replacement pedestal sink for the ensuite (waiting) a pair of leather boots, photo albums, craft items and other miscellaneous items. 

I've also renewed my efforts to declutter my old laptop. There are lots of photos that need saving or  duplicates deleted. The ones to keep will be uploaded onto memory sticks, at the moment there are too many to save. Most of the files can likely be deleted, anything of use will be on the replacement laptop now. It's such a long and tedious job. Added to which are a lot of foodie photos from early blogging days such as Penny's cookery calendar challenge, they make me feel hungry.  

I've written a new chart for decluttering and will work at it each day (hopefully) whilst listening to @theorganisedmum show podcast on Spotify. I'm enjoying the 10 mins of motivational waffle for umph in my day. The chart simply lists a cupboard or a box to work through, not lots. All the easy things have gone, it's now all the emotional stuff - photos, memories etc. 

Cleaning I'm finding The Organised Mum Method really helpful: 30 mins a day clean in designated rooms (level 2 jobs), with daily level 1 jobs of basic upkeep. The 30 mins Friday Focus (deeper clean) is more tricky, at the end of the week after cleaning for friends, I just want to put down the duster and step away from the mop! 


A taster of the talent event. I've created a playlist on Spotify 'My Creative Life' - not all the events could be found, the poems may be unavailable as free and some are halfway through a track. I particularly like the Ballad Pour Adeline Piano Solo by P. de Senneville. It is beauuutifulll. Do have a listen and tell me if you found it relaxing. 

The rest of the week I've:

Finished
 reading The Moving Finger by Agatha Christie, part of the Agatha Reading Challenge - Read Christie 2023 for March.

Started A Fatal Mistake by Faith Martin. This is the second book in the Ryder & Loveday Mystery... see fantasticfiction.com for full list,

Continued my efforts with knitting 30 minutes a day to finish projects. WIP (work in progress) A  KAL (knit-a-long) Scarf for Lent. Also a knitted cloth - hopefully fit for cleaning as it's made from bamboo yarn. 
Crocheted a bit more of my One Skein scarf at Craft Group - free pattern on Ravelry.

Clearing some woodchip delivered to the front lawn. It's hard work shoveling it up into bags and wheeling them round the back. We are making a pathway down the side of the bungalow, it's on clay soil and very slippery. Johnny helped me on Wednesday by spreading some under the wheelie bin area, it looks very smart now. 

Bought a new calendar last week. I know we've already started the year but I was fed up with squinting into tiny spaces to read. I've gone back to my favouite Box Clever Home Planner one

I've not walked as much this week so need to add more walking in next week. 
What are your plans this week?
Have a good week whatever you have planned. 
Ttfn
Cathy



 


 

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed seeing your flower and other plant beauties. They are looking very healthy.
    Good luck with the decluttering. I don't think it ever seems to end though! I've started a little knitting project this week for the Coronation weekend. Otherwise I'm outside decluttering and getting ready for Spring in the garden, when it's not raining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, It's certainly been dodge the showers this week. We've been doing some tidying outside too, I'm not a gardener but it always feels good to make it look tidy.

      Delete
  2. Your Mother's Day flowers are gorgeous. We decluttered loads when we moved house, we didn't want to take it all with us, but there's still some boxes that we need to go through. It's the shed we really need to declutter now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo, All the easy decluttering is done, it's the sentimental, memories, photos and paperwork that needs sorting now.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...