Friday 17 March 2023

Fresh and New


Hello there, happy Friday! Everything in the garden is springing to life. Out the front is the Weeping Pussy Willow. Under the hedge we planted some bulbs last autumn: crocus, daffodils and hyacinth. It's not in a border, just scattered bulbs woodland style. My Orchid is blooming still, it was a Christmas gift from my Son & his Fiancée. The roots were dyed blue but, still looking blue for now. 



A Greengage tree in bloom looking lovely in the back garden. Angus always loves the fruit, with a plum tree, apples and pears, you need to keep your eyes open in the Summer. So many hazards for dogs, if only you could reason with them. I love al the cheerful daffodils at this time of year, so many beautiful trumpets. 
This afternoon we popped into town to get my new glasses adjusted, why do they always hurt initially. They seem comfortable now. We took Angus with us so he had a walk too. Stopping at the market stall we bought him a new cushion bed for our holidays this year. As he's a large Golden Retriever, he needs a huge giant bed. We're hoping that this will reduce the vibrations through the Motorhome floor when travelling. He wasn't too happy on the last trip, it is very noisy on the road. All the plates and cutlery etc. shake and rattle in the cupboards. We hire the motorhome so you've no idea until collection.




On our last holiday, we purchased pillows and pillowcases from Sainsbury's. We'd intended to go back and get more bedding as ours needed replacing anyway. Last weekend we went to get a new set of cotton rich in white, the duvet is covered with the quilt. It's so nice to have new bedding, I'm not interested in ironing bedding, like I said, it's covered anyway. I was tempted by the Egyptian cotton which is lovely but more expensive. I remember a lady chatting once about bedding, she said that she washes and irons it more than once a week. She implied daily as she liked her bedding to look like a showroom catalogue. Are you fussy about bedding, do you iron yours?

This week I've finished reading Mercy by Jodi Piccoult again, I'd forgotten the details so it was still a good read. The question of euthanasia is slightly over shadowed by the chief policeman's affair, however both relationships are brought into focus concerning a measure of love... 'who loves more.' From 60/40 to 30/70 relationships that are under pressure, one person loving more than the other. It was interesting to see how the Chief's wife changed after the affair. Euthanasia is always a controversial subject, however I felt a depth of compassion toward the accused. 

On to the next book: The Moving Finger by Agatha Christie. I've still a huge pile of library books to get through!
Craft wise: I've been knitting everyday, a KAL Lent scarf. I'm changing colours at the end of each week of knitting. I'll try and post some photos soon. 
We've not been involved with things at church in town. Mark had Covid again, 3rd time despite vaccinations. 
Village life: we launched our first pop in at the village hall. The idea is to drop in for a cuppa and chat. Bring projects to work on, borrow a book, do a jigsaw puzzle or play a game. I took crochet but as there was only a handful of people, we chatted and played a game called Dobble. It's a speedy game that needs quick concentration and reaction. 

Right I'm off to cook dinner, take care and thanks for stopping by to read. 
Do leave a comment, I love to hear from you. 
Ttfn
Cathy 

7 comments:

  1. Isn't it lovely to see so much colour about again, spring surely can't be far away. I used to iron all my bedding but I just can't be bothered now and I find that any wrinkles smooth themselves out anyway. I do iron my pillowcases though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your quilt, it is gorgeous :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to get more reading done this week (and knitting). Agatha Christie is calling my name...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt. Lovely to see all the flowers blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt on your bed. I don't tend to iron my bedding especially if it has been outside. I prefer air fresh smell to uncreased duvet cover :-)
    I might have a look later and find an Agatha Christie book to curl up with. Have a lovely week .

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty quilt! Happy first day of spring though it still feels like winter here. Hope you are having a good week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be useful to have a motor home for holidays. Equipping it with new items would be fun and nice for your pet to go with you. He'll appreciate the new bed. It's good to see the Spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...