Friday 14 April 2023

Knit & Natter - Show and tell


Hello there, I hope you are all happy and well. Thank you for all your lovely comments on my last post. Today is a bit of a show and tell of finished knitting & crochet projects. 

First is a Fish & Chip Jumper, the details are here, I've spoken about these before, several posts labelled in the cloud (right side of blog). My church run a Craft Circle, essentially a Knit & Natter session once a week. Some people knit strips of 2 x 2 Rib, changing colour after about 8" of knitting. The colour change is repeated until it's the length of the Communion table - around 130cm. The lady in charge (not me) takes all the strips home and sews them together to make blankets. 
If anyone wishes, they can knit the Fish & Chip jumpers or vests as they are sometimes called, with a matching hat, these are all collected by the Salvation Army. They are sent abroad to Countries in need, for babies that would've been wrapped up in news paper. 


Second is a Knitted Miss Marple Scarf, I knitted this for myself but as it is knitted in Aran weight yarn, it is very thick and large in size. 


I wanted to photograph each section of the Lent Scarf with its description. I have blocked each piece but the ends are rolling in already. The reflections on Lent tradition of fasting or giving up, are rooted in Christianity. I'm not going to copy out the full reflection, just a simple explanation of the pattern and what it represents. If you wish to knit your own Lent scarf, here is the free pattern on Ravelry. 

The red square was the sample piece to check tension. The tree has since been enlarged by the designer to make a stand alone Place Mat or dishcloth/washcloth pattern on Ravelry here to purchase. 
I chose to do all my sections in different colours, some choose one colour, the best one I saw was in 3 colours with different coloured dividing holey rows.



Dark blue - Dove representing Peace.


Light blue - Diamonds representing - Glimpse of light. 


Cream - Stars and Sea, Wonders of  Earth's Beauty.


Gold - Fence - Justice, hope.


Lime - Growth, Tree woodland, creation, good.


Jade (the colour looks blue but it's a green/blue) - I Am, Jesus


Grey - The Cross 

Happy Easter 





The 2 knitted dishcloths are from this pattern book. 



The mauve crochet cloth is a mat, being half acrylic it's not suitable as a washcloth or dishcloth. 

I'm off to knit another dishcloth. 
Bye 
Cathy x










Grandmas-dishcloth-grandmothers-2nd-favorite 

6 comments:

  1. Your Lent scarf is so unusual and I love the colours.Enjoy making your dishcloths- one for each day of the week maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some good ideas at your church. The Lent project is different and you must enjoy your knit and natter group company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Lent project, and the baby set is just adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy with your knitting. I love the explanation of each section of the Lent scarf. I expect it encourages quiet contemplation whilst you're working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your lenten project, the colors and the patterns made the project nice to keep going through the weeks of lent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed seeing all the bright colors in your knitting projects. The baby set will be such a blessing for the recipient.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...